Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Luthier Laurent Brondel : Laurent Brondel Guitars


About Laurent Brondel and Laurent Brondel Guitars from http://www.laurentbrondel.com/

B-3c-081214-front-Guitar-Luthier-LuthierDB-Image-1
This is what Laurent has to say about his journey in the fine art of Luthiery. As far as I can remember my life has been devoted to music. I started playing guitar at 13 and went on a first tour at 17. At that time I thought of enrolling at the renowned Mirecourt National School of Luthiery in the Vosges mountains. Life decided otherwise and the next 18 years were spent living as a professional musician. I also taught guitar, privately and in classes, for over 10 years. In the early 1990s I started working as a sound engineer and electronic musician, producing and mixing music for a handful of artists along my own. I moved to New-York City in 1999. Since 2003 I reside with my wife, video artist Virginia Valdes, in the beautiful western mountains of Maine.

A-1c%20German%3AMalaysianBW%20-%2001-Guitar-Luthier-LuthierDB-Image-2090427-B-2-front-Guitar-Luthier-LuthierDB-Image-3A-1c%20German%3AMalaysianBW%20-%2001-Guitar-Luthier-LuthierDB-Image-4D-3%20german%3AMacassarEB%20-%2001-Guitar-Luthier-LuthierDB-Image-5A-3%20Carpathian%3AMadRW%20-%2001-Guitar-Luthier-LuthierDB-Image-6B-4-090624-front-Guitar-Luthier-LuthierDB-Image-7C-3%20Red%3ASapele%20-%2001-Guitar-Luthier-LuthierDB-Image-8
Early on my love for the guitar led me to study how the instrument is created. Consequently I have always done my own set-up and repair work. In my search for the perfect acoustic steel-string guitar I purchased many vintage instruments and began to restore and resell them. After a few years, still searching and having gained much experience in luthiery, the thought of making my own steel-string acoustic guitar came naturally. This was one of the most fulfilling experiences in my life and a true revelation. I came back full circle to my desire to be a luthier as a young man. Until the end of 2007 I was part of Pantheon Guitars crew, working under Dana Bourgeois supervision.

Laurent offers various models, like, Dreadnought, Orchestra, Concert, Small Concert & Parlour, with options like 12 or 14 frets to the body, however, just like any other art form, Laurent's work is not constrained with sizes and shapes. Check out his models page to understand better his model nomenclature and specifications.

Additional Links from Laurent Brondel Guitars

No comments:

Post a Comment